DeadlyUnits : The Community
Welcome to DeadlyUnits!
Sign In To Post, or crete topics!
If your a GFX Artist, then Enjoy and please post your GFX.
Also Dont Forget to Introduce Yourself!
Are You in OsOk or Have a 360? Click Here
Thanx.
-DjZ.
-iTs_Ownage(OwnAg3 For life)
-ArrestedLion
-xpect119

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to DeadlyUnits!
Sign In To Post, or crete topics!
If your a GFX Artist, then Enjoy and please post your GFX.
Also Dont Forget to Introduce Yourself!
Are You in OsOk or Have a 360? Click Here
Thanx.
-DjZ.
-iTs_Ownage(OwnAg3 For life)
-ArrestedLion
-xpect119
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 377 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:24 pm
Latest topics
» Want to view the codes?
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm by x--|Zenegade--x

» freeze help
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:48 pm by x-BaJz7veY-x

» ftb3 cso or iso
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm by kingkryp

» Register here you guys!
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm by x--|Zenegade--x

» Nightcore - Feeling You
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 am by ♛✬ζωZ†ωρ✬™

» PSP2 codes
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 pm by [₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ

» Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 pm by [₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ

» To random people on this site
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:26 pm by x--|Zenegade--x

» Optimus-A Little Something Something
How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 am by Mr. Haferman

How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G

+6
Mr. Haferman
DjZGFX
RASTA_FARI123
sirte
M&M's
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G Empty How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:14 pm

How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G Using Redsn0w For iOS 4.3.3 [Windows / Mac]

Jailbreak iPod Touch On iOS 4.3.2 Redsn0w

Redsn0w is one of the most popular jailbreaking tool developed by the iPhone Dev Team. iPhone Dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16, which allows iPod Touch users to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (untethered).

In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G on iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w.

Here are some important points to note before you proceed.

This guide is meant for iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G users only. This guide is not meant for iPhone and iPad users. iPhone users can checkout this step by step guide, while iPad 1 users can checkout this step by step guide.
Please note that jailbreaking your iPod Touch may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Please do not forget to backup your iPod Touch before you proceed. You can refer to this post for instructions on how to backup your iPod Touch.
If you've jailbroken your iPhone then you can use jailbreak apps such as AptBackup, PkgBackup or xBackup from Cydia to take a backup of all the jailbreak apps and tweaks so you can reinstall them easily after successfully jailbreaking your iPhone rather then installing them individually.
After the jailbreaking process is complete, do not forget to checkout our article on tips to keep your iPod Touch secure.
Please ensure you are running latest version of iTunes i.e. iTunes 10.2 or later.

You can follow these step-by-step instructions to jailbreak your iPod Touch:

Step 1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 (Mac and Windows) and save the application in a folder named "Redsn0w" on your desktop.

Step 2: You need to download iOS 4.3.3 firmware file (use Firefox or Chrome to download the firmware file instead of using Internet Explorer or Safari):

iOS 4.3.3 firmware file for iPod Touch 4G users (iPod4,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw)

iOS 4.3.3 firmware file for iPod Touch 3G users (iPod3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw)

Step 3: Double click the Redsn0w zip file and extract the application to the Redsn0w folder.

Step 4: Connect your iPod Touch to the computer, which should automatically launch iTunes.

Skip steps 5 and 6, if your iPod Touch has already been upgraded to iOS 4.3.3.

Step 5: From the 'Devices' section on the left pane of iTunes, select your iPod Touch device. Now, hold down the Shift button (Option button for Mac users) and click the 'Restore' button.

Step 6: Navigate to the Redsn0w folder on the desktop and select the downloaded iOS 4.3.3 firmware file (iPod Touch 4G users: iPod4,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw, iPod Touch 3G users: iPod3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw). Click on the 'Choose' button to let iTunes update your iPod Touch with the required firmware. You will be asked to setup your iPod Touch either from a previous backup or setup as a new iPod Touch, select the backup you want for your device (ideally should be the most recent one). Wait for iTunes to finish.

Step 7: Navigate back to the Redsn0w folder and launch the Redsn0w application. Windows 7 users should run the exe in Windows XP compatibility mode (right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP). Windows XP and Windows 7 users should run Redsn0w as ‘Administrator’ (right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select 'Run as an Administrator').

Step 8: You will be asked to select the corresponding IPSW file. Click on the Browse button and select the iOS 4.3.3 firmware file (iPod Touch 4G users: iPod4,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw, iPod Touch 3G users: iPod3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw).

Step 9: Redsn0w will verify the firmware file and inform you if it has successfully identified it. Click on 'Next' to proceed.

Step 10: Redsn0w will now start preparing the jailbreak data.

Step 11: You will now be prompted to select the jailbreak options you would like. Make sure Cydia is selected and select 'Next' to continue.

Step 12: You will now be prompted to switch OFF your iPod Touch and plug it to the computer. Follow the instructions and click on 'Next' to move to the next screen:

Step 13: You will now need to put your iPod Touch into the DFU mode. Redsn0w will take you through the necessary steps:

(a) Hold the Power button on iPod Touch down for 3 seconds:

(b) Now simultaneously hold the iPod Touch and keep the two buttons pressed for 10 seconds:

(c) Now release the Power button while keeping the Home button pressed until Redsn0w identifies the device:

Step 14: Your iPod Touch should reboot now. Please remember to release the Home button.

Step 15: Redsn0w will now begin uploading the new RAM disk and kernel.

Step 16: You will now be notified once the jailbreaking process is complete. Click on the 'Finish' button to exit the application.

Step 17: Your iPod Touch will reboot once again (which could take approximately 5 minutes). After it has rebooted, your iPod Touch should be successfully jailbroken. You should find Cydia jailbreak app on your iPod Touch’s home screen.

If you're new to the jailbreaking world and wondering what to do after jailbreaking your iPod Touch, checkout our jailbreak apps category page to find out the apps you can install on your iPod Touch using the Cydia app.#

Update:

The Redsn0w download links have been updated with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 that Dev Team released to fix a bug.

>>>GO HERE FOR REAL POST!!

ALL CREDIT GOES TO iphonehacks

Last edited by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Your REAL name. : Deven Dennison
Male Posts : 334

http://gamesave.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G Empty Re: How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G

Post by M&M's Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 pm

is this like Blackra1n? but for iPhone?
M&M's
M&M's
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Your REAL name. : Emm And Emm
Male Posts : 455

Back to top Go down

How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G Empty Re: How To JailBreak Ipod touch 4G, and 3G

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:18 pm

i dont know i updateed the post theres a link where u can go to the real post bc it didnt put all the links in it...
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirte Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Do you know how to jailbreak a 1st Gen ipod touch 8G
sirte
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Male Posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M's Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am

They usually work best on iPhones and iPhone
M&M's
M&M's
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by RASTA_FARI123 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 pm

dude ima put up a video on youtube to show people how so yeah ill post that on there soon
RASTA_FARI123
RASTA_FARI123
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Your REAL name. : Braden Wade
Male Posts : 482

http://RatedRGaming.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey il do the video on how i do it oka?
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by RASTA_FARI123 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 pm

okay i already have one on my youtube channel
RASTA_FARI123
RASTA_FARI123
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 pm

oka well nvm then
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DjZGFX Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Greenpois0n is the best.
DjZGFX
DjZGFX
Admin
Admin

Your REAL name. : Franklin Ramirez
Male Posts : 1106

http://www.deadlyunits.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Haferman Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 pm

can't you just go to jailbreakme.com??
Mr. Haferman
Mr. Haferman
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Your REAL name. : Harrison Fearnow
Male Posts : 260

http://www.deadlyunits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DjZGFX Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

that too. lol! i forgot that they made a announcement that they updated their jailbreak to 4.3.1 is the highest lol
DjZGFX
DjZGFX
Admin
Admin

Your REAL name. : Franklin Ramirez
Male Posts : 1106

http://www.deadlyunits.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [1O7]xUnLimitedNukex Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:34 pm

DjZ.XxjZ3CoV3jZYxX wrote:Greenpois0n is the best.

Yeah my friend who've jailbroke their ipods use Greenpois0n
[1O7]xUnLimitedNukex
[1O7]xUnLimitedNukex
im so active
im so active

Male Posts : 555

http://3nemy.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

i have greenposi0n on my computer but i need some time to put it on my ipod
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M's Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Id help but i dont know u lol
M&M's
M&M's
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:08 pm

lol
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by RASTA_FARI123 Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 pm

redsnow is okay but greenpoison is better
RASTA_FARI123
RASTA_FARI123
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by [₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:47 pm

i wish i had itouch/iphone
[₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ
[₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ
im so active
im so active

Your REAL name. : Ameen
Male Posts : 657

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

get one!!! there awesome when u jailbreak them!!Smile
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M's Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:20 pm

[₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ wrote:i wish i had itouch/iphone

No offence if its a post like that dont post
M&M's
M&M's
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by [₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:39 pm

lol
dont try to tell me what to do
[₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ
[₳]Nii[M]aTiioN[§] ῳ
im so active
im so active

Your REAL name. : Ameen
Male Posts : 657

Back to top Go down

Post by L3G37VD Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I like green poison untethered Smile but i getting a new i pod and im gonna update and jailbreak it lol. is there any jailbreak for the newest firmware for ipod touch 4?
L3G37VD
L3G37VD
im so active
im so active

Male Posts : 520

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm

hmm yes there is if u look on that site that has a hidden link you will find it.... but if you dont find it let me know and i will!
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by RASTA_FARI123 Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:29 pm

wait actually there is not a untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5 for the ipod touch 4 gen because the DEV team said that they are gunna wait until IOS 5 comes out to make another untethered jailbreak the IOS 5 will be released sometime in the area around October, 14-15.
RASTA_FARI123
RASTA_FARI123
im gonna spam ^_^
im gonna spam ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by ♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™ Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:59 pm

yea i seen that in a post on that site
♕c®áZý-_ⓘⓒⓔ_-™
CoAdmin
CoAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next